Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Hello there!

I just finished reading this great article on blogging and, thanks to the piece, I feel very inspired to make my first real post! As the author notes, "Don’t worry about how your blog looks. Don’t worry if you haven’t given it a name yet, or you’re feeling overwhelmed. Just click the “New Post” button, and tell us why you’re here." So that's exactly what I'm going to do today. Let's give you a glimpse into me, my life, and what this cookie's all about!

To start, hello there and welcome to my blog! I go by Sara Watt. More specifically, I’m just another twenty-something female student currently studying science at a local university. While I spend most of my time on campus doing academic-y stuff, I have a multitude of other things I dabble in which is one of the big reasons I decided to start a blog; I thought it’d be a nice way to keep up with and catalog all that fun stuff! I’m hoping this blog will help me stay creative and stay active in all the things I like doing.
Now, if you want to know more about me personally, feel free to stop by the About page where I’ll give you all the juicy details (scandalous secrets included!). For more info on the blog name; you can find the whole story here.
I'll try to stay more like a normal person online. lol promise!
In terms of blogging, I figured it would be a great way to connect with other like-minded peers who might have similar interests to me. Perhaps I’ll even help someone along the way! I seem to have loud opinions on a lot of things as well so blogging seemed like a good outlet to share my perspective and express myself. I also simply love writing and thought this might be a nice place to do more of that (My dream is to one day write as epically as Rachel) Above all else, I’m a big believer in the “Produce more, Consume less” motto and this seems like the perfect place to start!

While I have a bajillion interests I think on here I’ll mainly just be talking about creative projects (like DIY stuff, sewing, etc.), alternative culture past and present, good fictional material (books, music, films) and some of the more exciting occurrences of my life as well as sharing more about myself. Plus, I’m sure my opinions will find their way into the conversation all the time (in terms of music tastes, art, and what not) likewise, my beliefs on certain topics (cough cough feminism cough cough) are fair game too. Consider yourself warned, haha!

Granted I’m still pretty new at all of this (one rocky attempt doesn’t count), so this is just a tentative idea of how my blog will go and it’s subject to lots of change. I’m a constantly evolving, growing person and just like me, my blog will always be a wonderful work in progress! And that’s all I’ve got for you for now! I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know me a bit more. Be sure to check out the About page for an in-depth on me and the blog.


Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions below in the comments! I’d love to get some feedback (Am I writing too much!?! Is there spinach in my teeth?!!) and everything else you have to say. Thanks for reading and hope to see more of you soon! Take care!

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I started. I had no idea what I wanted to say until one day I just started writing. I write what I want and what I am thinking. I quit worrying about sticking to a theme and just went with it. Keep it up! It's a great way to connect with others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for the encouraging advice! I feel you and I completely agree, I'm just going for it and doing what feels right! You're so right! Community is so cool but so is being true to yourself! :D

      Delete