Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Opps.

In a slump

Hey Guys & Gals. I'm afraid I have some "no bueno" news for you today.

I ended up falling down the stairs and spraining my ankle a few days ago. It was a pretty bad sprain: my foot swelled up like a tennis ball and it was super painful. Sooo yeah. I haven't been doing much besides dealing with that (aka being miserable, taking medicine, and sitting on my bum).  I've been trying to take care of it like icing, elevating, compressing, etc. (following WebMD's advice) but working life around a bad ankle isn't easy; let me tell you that. I have to use crutches to go to class and I can't even walk to the bathroom by myself. In other words, I'm really really out of it this week.

Plus, I've got like a bazillion other things I have going on right now (finals for classes, family, fasting, Eid, an upcoming birthday, new program, etc.) and I'm so exhausted. I just want to crawl into a blanket and forget the world exists for the next few days until I'm better. So yeah. My apologies if this week's post is a bit lackluster but I'm really just not feeling it. Hopefully I'll be better by next week (or at least by August; I'm aiming for that) and I'll have happier updates for you all then. Alright, that's all I have for now. I hope all of you are faring better! Take care!

Accurate depiction of what I'm doing
From rainbowsqueeze.tumblr

A good representation of what I want to do
From hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I sprained my ankle right before my first ball at high school, I felt so horrible...:) Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I know how troublesome it is to deal with the damn' thing and I hope you'll get better soon! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that sounds tough! Right before the first ball, too!! Also, aww thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the kind thoughts! I'll just going take it easy until it's healed. But thanks for the well wishes! :)

      Delete