Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NY Goals & Bat Fit

1. Practice more conscious and effective time management.
I’ve realized the only reason I never get to do the things I really want to do (like blog, sew, see friends, etc.) is because I don’t have time for them and that’s a direct result of poor planning and procrastination. By wasting time (internet, TV, etc.) when I should be working, I’m taking away from time I could be doing something I actually like. So this is a big deal; if I can just exercise some self-control, I can possibly accomplish more of what I want to in the same time.

2. Aim for better grades and academic goals.
I might’ve let my priorities shift a bit this past year to just taking care of myself (both mentally and physically). And while that’s all fine and dandy (I’m still alive, yay!), I think it’s time to direct the focus back on my education and doing the absolute best I can in my classes. My record in college has been splotchy at best so let’s try to finish strong!

3. Think about and address the future.
This is really just facing the big question of what will I do after college. I need to address this question pronto and think of possibilities of what I can do. Researching career options, grad programs, and coming up with a 5 year plan are all good places to start. Talking to the career counselor might also be a good idea too. Basically, as long as I don’t wait until the graduation day to answer this question, I’m fine.

4. Spend more time doing creative projects & crafts.
I have like 3 boxes full of fabric, beads, creative projects, and little “things to do” (as evidenced by my sewing and craft checklists), it’s about time I did them. Hopefully, if I can uphold goal #1 of time management, I can get to these as well. That way I’ll be able to knock out this goal as well. Yay for double dipping!

5. Embrace my adult responsibilities.
Let’s face it: I’m not getting any younger. Every year, I’m just getting older, it’s time I start being a grown up. This means more taking care of myself and less depending on everyone else to do it for me (aka cooking, cleaning, making my own lunches, finding my own transportation, making my own decisions, etc.). Not going to lie, this one is going to be the least fun but the most necessary.

The next few goals are specifically for Bat Fit.

6. Lose 20 pounds.
A bit self-explanatory. I’ve always been a bit chubbier than average and fatter than I’d like. So, rather than waste away another year wishing I was fitter but doing nothing, the New Year feels like a good time as any to make some healthy changes. Everyone says your 20s are your prime; I should at least look and feel like that before it’s gone!

7. Exercise regularly.
I don’t care if this means going to the gym three times a week or just doing sit ups during commercials. Basically, I just want to make exercise is part of my weekly routine. I want to create an exercise habit and stick with it, no matter how small. It’s been a long-term goal of mine ever since P.E. class (so like 5-6 years) ended to incorporate exercise in my life and it’d be really awesome if I could accomplish it this year.

8. Eat healthier.
Pretty straight forward. Less processed junk, more whole natural foods. Plus, eating on time (aka on a schedule); I have a bad tendency to eat sporadically which is actually not that good for me. It means I either starve myself or eat more than I need to be full. So I have to really watch that. It helps that I have to read up on nutrition for the class I’m teaching in spring. Not only am I learning but it’s also really motivating me to make positive changes.

9. Sleep routinely.
A fairly simple goal. Long story short, my sleep schedule is all whack. I’m either sleeping past noon in break or staying up until sunrise during school. I’m really bad at sleeping (and waking up) on time which usually translates into being sleep-deprived or missing my morning duties. So yeah. I really have to work on this (is it just me or are you seeing a time management trend here? Haha practically half my goals could be solved with good prioritizing/planning).

10.  Blog regularly.
Basically, just blog more often and more good content (aka less rambling apologies about how I haven’t blogged in forever).


So there you have it, those are my goals for this coming year. What about all of you? Do we have any of the same goals? Or do you have some less cliché ones? :) Let me know in the comments below!

Dude, I'm really loving this Bat Fit design, the bat trim is just gorgeous.
So fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! :) I really appreciate the support!

      Delete
  2. Those are great goals. I try to learn a new skill each year. Last year was fencing... This year who knows? Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's such a good idea! Happy New Year to you, too! :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck, darling gal! And yes! Keep those grades up! *snicker* Come on, I had to. I am a professor, after all. Seriously, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll need all the luck I can get. Haha, I expect a professor to say that and nothing less! XD

      Delete