Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

News

Hello there, dear readers! How's life? I hope everyone's doing well.

I'm doing better myself. I've been keeping my foot tightly wrapped which has been helping a lot; it’s helped me regain some of my walking so I can even do a few household tasks (major yay!). But my knee on the opposite uninjured side has started acting up though (I think it's Runner's Knee). I figure it's just a by-product of the foot so I'm trying to take it easy. I got (aka: was forced to buy) some athletic sneakers, too --which cost far too much considering how ugly they look-- but hey, health is important. My recovery is going too slow and it's really hard being patient with it at this point but I'm trying hard. For now, my main goal is to just be better by the start of school. I’m really hoping & praying for that but we’ll have to see.

Thanks to my increased mobility, I've also gotten around to doing some of my chores and work which has made me much happier. It's like I'm finally snapping out of the sluggish rut I was stuck in (another yay!). I finally got around to major cleaning my room (& the bathroom) which was a big personal victory. My room was a complete disaster and its tumultuous state was probably a big reason I was down in the dumps. Forcing myself to tackle it piece by piece was incredibly satisfying. I re-organized the layout, made a new shelf (with ikea instructions), threw out lots of old junk, made a pillow cover, and even changed up my desk. And let me tell you, it felt sooo good. I'm so glad I did it. I might not be able to go out much but cleaning up has been nice. Doing all this has really made me start feeling like myself again; I'm really hoping this is the start of me getting back to normal!

But I must confess, I've been watching a ton of TV though. I'm not really proud of that but hey, I figure what's a summer break without a little (aka way too much) mindless channel flipping. Sometimes it's nice to tune out of your own life and get lost in someone else’s. Funny story, we actually didn't have cable growing up so I never really sat around watching TV but our provider bundles it into the package so I'm finally getting to watch all the Disney channel and Nickolodeon I missed out on! Their new shows are interesting; I'm not a fan of all of them but some of them are good (Liv & Maddie, Henry Danger, Jessie, etc.). Tangent: Has anyone else ever noticed how perfect everyone on Disney's hair is, though? It's TOO perfect!!! Oh, I also watched a nice indie film recently called Flawless. I've written a review about it here if you want to hear more on my thoughts about that.

In unrelated news, we unexpectedly got a pretty pair of parakeets! While they're both awfully quiet for birds, I find them very cute and adorable. They make me so happy. We have dog and cat allergies in our family so growing up we always had birds which is why I have a very special place in my heart for them (esp. budgies) so it's very exciting to have a pair again after many years of none. They're still shy and guarded but I'm hoping that giving them a little time will help them warm up to us. 

Alright, that’s all I’ve got for now. I know it’s not much or super exciting but sometimes it’s nice to be grateful for what you’ve got (cough cough thank God for your health cough cough) and appreciate what’s going right (instead of focusing on what’s wrong). Or at least that’s what I’m trying to do through this very prolonged injury. Hopefully next time I’ll have ever better news but until then, ta-ta!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're up and about. One thing that always puts me in a better frame of mind id rearranging my surroundings. It's so refreshing. Hope your recovery is speedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! That means so much to me! I hope so, too! It's just so nice to move around again :) You're so right, rearranging my setting has definitely helped me reframe my thinking, too. I hope all is going well for you, too! :)

      Delete