Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Overdue Update

Howdy Folks!
I know I've been MIA for quite a while now (a little over 2 weeks) and I'm real sorry bout that. First it was that trip to TX then my summer classes plus their finals and, of course, this darn foot which unfortunately is still not fully healed (I know, I know, you're all probably very tired of hearing about it but just imagine trying to live with it!).

So yeah, in short it's been a long and stressful couple of weeks and while some of it was good (the wedding was awesome sauce and I did great on my final :), most of it wasn't as pretty (painful walking, visiting a podiatrist, finding out I have flat feet, crutches, etc.). In fact, I feel like I was actually happier when I had the class or the wedding. It must've taken my mind off my foot because now in the 2 weeks I have off as "break" before Fall Session starts things have been pretty darn crummy. I mean, I'm not  really doing much and I've still been really miserable. Guess being cooped up at home with just your family really isn't the best thing for your health.

Plus I'm pretty sure I've got a serious case of ennui going. Motivating myself to do anything has been a uphill battle; the sloth in me just wants to sit around, eat, and surf the TV channels or internet. But (of course) that just always leaves my conscience extremely unhappy and dissatisfied with how I spent my time. Plus it also makes me somewhat depressed since I start comparing my life with that on TV (and how everyone looks so darn well put-together. Why can't I be like that?!) But let's be real here, the sloth has been getting best of me lately. I keep finding some hapless excuse to not own up to my mistakes and make the most of my day. Honestly I've been giving myself too many passes for 'bad days' and not enough 'productive' ones (or at the very least happy ones).

Ugh, it's just been one of those weeks. You know what I mean, right? Those weeks where absolutely nothing seems to be going right, where everything feels like it's falling apart and your life is just a complete mess. Those weeks you just want to crawl under the covers and forget the world exists until you have the courage to wake up one day and face it. Yeahhh. Those ones. That's what I've been going through. I really hope it gets better but for the meanwhile I'm just going to buckle down and try my best to make the most of what time I've got left (before the impending start of classes. nooo). No point crying over the past. But yeah. That's my life. I hope all of you have better stories and life events going on. I'm wishing you all nothing but the best. Please let me know how you're feeling in the comments below and if you've got any remedies to deal with the blues.
Lots of Love!
P.S. I made this a while ago when I was inspired by Andy Warhol's work. I call it Guilty Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment