Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Tide Pools

Hello Everyone!
So this is a little random but I thought it'd be fun to share this neat little outing I had with all of you. A while ago, I went to the tide pools with my sister for our Marine Biology class (the professor was awesome enough to arrange the trip and come with us!). I've taken a few ocean-related courses this past year (first Oceanography then Marine Biology) so this trip was extra fun and special. It was a very fitting way to finish the class in my opinion. Anyways, we got some really awesome photos from that trip and I've been itching to share them with you! I really wanted to post this earlier but didn't get the photos back from my friend until now. So, without further ado, here's the Tide Pool adventure recap! (Note: Since we took over 200 photos, I'm just going to share the good ones and break the post into two)

We had to get up very early in the morning (that's when it's low tide for us) but it was definitely super worth it. We saw all kinds of cool, awesome sea life. It was the perfect chance to actually see what I'd learned out there alive and in the field. It was my first time out to the tide pools though so I was entirely unprepared in terms of footwear and clothing. In fact, I kept falling and tripping over everything. It was hilarious and embarrassing. At one point I even stepped on a sea urchin. Ouch. Yeah. That was definitely not my favorite part of this trip. My foot was thoroughly injured by the end and I even to take out a few sea urchin splinters BUT I still consider it a fabulous experience and a great trip! I would do it again in a heartbeat! Haha, anyhow, here are the links for the posts with photos. Enjoy!
Have an awesome day and I hope you go have some fun adventures of your own (don't forget to share them with us all too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment